[Linphone-users] ENUM and tel: schema

From: Petr Pisar
Subject: [Linphone-users] ENUM and tel: schema
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 22:16:14 +0000 (UTC)

I'm playing with ENUM. I have explored coreapi/enum.c and if
I can understand, linphone works as following:

1. User call to sip:\d+
2. linphone checks that it contains "sip:" and constructs ENUM domain
    from given phone number.
3. e164.arpa domain is translated using external utility "host".
4. If there is available RR in sip: schema, linphone will call it using
    SIP protocol.

I have few questions:

1. Why does linphone use non-qualified SIP URIs (i.e without hostname
part)? I think it would be better tel: URI.

2. Why is phone number of some Rene Bartschnet used in the source
code as an example :)

-- Petr