Re: [Linphone-users] ORTP - I have a problem with rtp_session_recv_with_

From: Simon Morlat
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] ORTP - I have a problem with rtp_session_recv_with_ts() fucntion
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 22:01:14 +0200

Actually this function returns 0 when no packet have been received yet. When
the stream has started, and if the stream is G711 (pcma or pcmu) this
function fills unreceived packets with silence data (it emulates
untransmitted packets by returning silence buffers), thus it never returns 0.
If you are borried by this behaviour, use the rtp_session_recvm_with_ts()
function that returns 'raw' packet directly.

Simon