Re: [Linphone-users] Linphone on Fedora with IPv6 and installing ffmpeg

From: Khalid Hossain
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Linphone on Fedora with IPv6 and installing ffmpeg for Linphone
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 08:54:24 -0400

Hi Simon,

Yeah, actually it didn't then but it does now. I was doing two things wrong:

1. I wasn't using [] around the IPv6 address
2. I wasn't using appropriate port numbers for either the recepient or in the sender's own domain (in Preferences)

With those two modifications, now the IM works. The voice calls get sent and received but I need to get a mic and headphone set to try it out.

There's one last issue: ffmpeg. I went to their page and downloaded MPlayer (MPlayer v1.0pre8 source) and installed using prefix=/usr . However, Linphone can't find it during installation. (Right now I have --disable-video, but I would like to try and get the video calls working.) Am I using the wrong fmpeg? (Or not ffmpeg at all?)

Thanks,

Khalid

On 9/21/06, Simon Morlat <address@hidden> wrote:
Despite this error message, does it work ?

Simon