Re: [Linphone-users] Re: can someone check this info (for docs)

From: mcquaid mcquaid
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Re: can someone check this info (for docs)
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 08:38:34 -0400

About alsa, with other voip apps (twinkle, ekiga) it's recommended to not use default for mic input as it's best to avoid dmix on input.  However I want to use default for output so linphone doesn't hog the card.  Is there a seperate setting for input/output?

On 6/7/06, adam <address@hidden> wrote:
> Could you add info about other sections? E.g. setting alsa sound output
> to "default" device is mentioned only in the Changelog :( The right
> answer is: Section "sound", option "alsadev" -- selects ALSA device
> (e.g. "alsadev=default").

yes, i will add everything i can find, any tips very much welcomed (thanks for the info re alsa)

adam

> > *default_proxy
> > Linphone has a section in the config file for storing different registration server information. These are numbered (starting at zero). Put the number here for the
> > index of the registration setting you wish to use.
>
> Value "-1" means "don't use any proxy by default".
>
> - -- Petr

Adam Hyde
~/.nl

selected projects
http://www.xs4all.nl/~adam

the streaming suitcase
http://www.streamingsuitcase.com

r a d i o q u a l i a
http://www.radioqualia.net

Free as in 'media'
email : address@hidden
mobile : + 31 6 186 75 356 (Netherlands mobile)