[Linphone-users] Detect audio input for DTMF in linphonec to dial from p

From: Raju Abhyankar
Subject: [Linphone-users] Detect audio input for DTMF in linphonec to dial from proxy
Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 18:40:38 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I have installed Linphonec (console version)on an ARM
based system. I can register with a proxy and then use
a keyboard to place calls to extensions in this proxy.
I am trying to create a ATA or "Analog telephone
adapter" type device and so would not have a computer
keyboard in such a setup. Instead I would now connect
a regular analog telephone via a SLIC chip to the ARM
board. The issue is now once the ARM based system
registers with the proxy, to dial say an extension 0
of this proxy, I can only signal via DTMF tones from
the phone and they would be carried along with the
audio signal coming also on the "line in" or
microphone channel. This is because the phone has a
dial pad and it sends DTMF tone along with the audio.

The question is, is there a way for linphonec (console
version) to detect and decode "in audio band" DTMF and
then generate a call to extension using the detected
DTMF? If some one has such a solution or a possible
answer please let me know.

regards,

Raju