Re: [Linphone-users] alsa_read_desc Undeclared

From: Simon Morlat
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] alsa_read_desc Undeclared
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 14:50:20 +0200

Le Mercredi 12 Avril 2006 20:01, Esben Stien a écrit :
> Simon Morlat <address@hidden> writes:
> > gawk
>
> I upgraded to gawk-3.1.5 and it compiled cleanly;).
>
> Thank you very much for your help;).
Thanks to you.

> Now, however, there is no JACK support. I can't find the JACK support
> in mediastreamer2/ either.
Unfortunately I did not port the JACK support to mediastreamer2, for time
reason ( and I 'm not familiar with JACK).
Volunteers are welcomed.

However you can do similar things using alsa dmix+asym plugins.
Here's my .asoundrc file (that I got somewhere in the web):

# Set default sound card
# Useful so that all settings can be changed to a different card here.
pcm.snd_card {
     type hw
     card 0
}

# Allow mixing of multiple output streams to this device
pcm.dmixed {
        type dmix
        ipc_key 1024
        slave {
            pcm "snd_card"
            period_time 0
            period_size 1024
            buffer_size 4096
            rate 44100
        }
        slave.pcm "snd_card"
}

# Allow reading from the default device.
# Also known as record or capture.
pcm.dsnooped {
        type dsnoop
        ipc_key 2048
        slave{
                pcm "snd_card"
                channels 2
                period_size 1024
                buffer_size 4096
                rate 44100
                periods 0
                period_time 0
        }
}

# This is what we want as our default device
# a fully duplex (read/write) audio device.
pcm.duplex {
     type asym
     playback.pcm "dmixed"
     capture.pcm "dsnooped"
}

###################
# CONVERSION PLUG #
###################
# Setting the default pcm device allows the conversion
# rate to be selected on the fly.
# duplex mode allows any alsa enabled app to read/write
# to the dmix plug (Fixes a problem with wine).
pcm.!default {
     type plug
     slave.pcm "duplex"
}