Re: [Linphone-users] linphonec

From: Chris Baechle
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] linphonec
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 07:31:57 -0500

On 1/12/06, Simon Morlat <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

linphonec is currently being improved,

Awesome. It's really the only good cli sip phone I've seen and I'm sure helps a lot of people.

and I know there are already people
using it within scripts.

How are they doing it? Using expect? I don't know the direction linphonec is taking, but it would be nice for a lot of the commands available on the linphonec console be available as arguments. That way you can script something like
$linphonec --call 'sip:address@hidden' --snd-input mymessage.wav
That, imho would make it much easier to do simple bash scripting. Then all you'd need is a properly set up ~/.linphonec file.

Linphonec can control everything: both sound and
signaling.

I should have been more specific. My reasoning was to have one thread manipulate linphone, and the other to pipe a raw sound file to the microphone device (such as a prerecorded wake up call). Admittedly, I've never done this and don't know if it would be the best direction to take. But I didn't see any other way for linphonec to recieve sound than listening on the microphone /dev device.

I think linphone and linphonec are great. Those two things however would make scripting immensly easier and simplier. If there were a way to take input from a wav file (or record out to a wav file), and if all the console commands were available as arguments.

Simon