[Linphone-users] Possibilities for smaller jitter buffer?

From: Lasse Jansson
Subject: [Linphone-users] Possibilities for smaller jitter buffer?
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 15:02:17 +0100

Hi Simon,

Thanks for all your good efforts with Linphone. One thing I notice with
linphone-1.2.0 is that sending of DTMF now seems to work flawlessly!

I have some questions regarding the configurable jitter buffer:

1. Is it possible to extend the possible range towards smaller values, e.g.
having 5 ms or 10 ms as the smallest possible buffer size?

2. Is it possible for me to manipulate some source file in linphone-1.2.0 to
give this a quick try, or would this change require changes in many parts of
the source?

I think it would improve the speech quality if the jitter buffer could be
smaller. Right now I experience an audible delay in the receive direction.
(But this can of course have other reasons as well).

I know that in for example X-Lite (popular SIP UA for Windows) it is possible
to set the jitter buffer to 10 ms as a minimum value.

Best regards,

Lasse