Re: [Linphone-users] Higher bitrate while using Linphone

From: Simon Morlat
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Higher bitrate while using Linphone
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 12:09:25 +0200

Hello,

First you can give linphone constraints bandwidth: use the connection type
field in the property box, above the codec list. When set to 56k modem, the
speex codec will automatically be configured to run at 8kbit/s.
Second, to convert this codec bitrate to an IP bandwidth, you need to take in
accound IP/UDP/RTP encapsulation :
rtp has a header of 12 bytes
udp is 8 - not sure
ip is around 40
Speex packets are emitted every 20 ms.
You 've got all the parameters of the problem now.

Simon