[Linphone-users] Cannot hear the party (linphone 1.0.1)

From: Zbigniew Baniewski
Subject: [Linphone-users] Cannot hear the party (linphone 1.0.1)
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 22:36:23 +0200

Hallo,

got a problem while trying to make use out of LinPhone 1.0.1 (taken from
ready-made packages for Debian Sarge, found at http://apt.bxlug.be/ ):

  I'm using a server proxy.softphone.pl (from behind NAT), and made several
tries with client for Windows (polish "clone" of popular X-Lite SIP client)
- it works just fine. The problem is, that I cannot hear the party while using
Linphone (they can hear me). No idea, where to look for any more data, which
can be helpful by problem analysis. Seems, it's not NAT-related problem; in
such way surely I couldn't make any connections from within Windows too (same
machine, just other disk partition). I made a test using sipomatic - and
it properly made a "dial" and then played the example message. So, it seems,
that sound system (OSS) also works well. Switched to different RTP port
(8000) - according to demanding of the server (it's using ports 8000-8005).

  No problems with login onto the server, I can make and/or receive calls. The
party can hear me - but I cannot hear them. How to trace (and hopefully: to
solve) the problem?
--
                                pozdrawiam / regards

                                                Zbigniew Baniewski