[Linphone-users] Linphone console - Direct number dialling Regarding

From: Vidhya Venkat
Subject: [Linphone-users] Linphone console - Direct number dialling Regarding
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 09:54:57 +0530

Hello all,

I am new to VOIP and linphone. We are planning to develop a voip add
on board to be interfaced with our host system, based on linux.

Our design of VoIP add on board goes this way... It has a telephone
connected to it. The VoIP add on board has an application and hardware
for SLIC and dsp codecs such as G.723.1, G.711, G.729 which does the
voice compression and RTP packetization.

So we are planning to use the console version of linphone on our host
system.  We want to make use of the SIP functionality available with
linphone.

As per the reading from the linphone it is found that it expects a SIP
URL in the form of address@hidden We have only the provision to input the
enduser SIP Phone no. using the telephone.

My doubts are,

1. Is it possible and sufficient to use the telephone keypad alone for
calling (dialing) the SIP based end user.

2. Also is it possible to give the same dtmf digits as input to SIP
application in the linphone to get it connected to the other end user?

We would appreciate your help in this regard.

Please advice.

Thanks & Regards,
Vidhya Sankari