[Linphone-users] Issues with Linphone 1.0.0

From: Matthias Schult
Subject: [Linphone-users] Issues with Linphone 1.0.0
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 23:31:56 +0100

Hi everyone,

I've been using linphone for quite a while and have updated to version 1.0.0 right now. There are a couple of issues I encounter now though:

1) I can't get it to register automatically at startup
2) The dns-lookup doesn't seem to work anymore. I have to enter the IP everywhere to get it to work. (Funnily it works fine in the command line verson)

I'm not sure if the others are new, but since I'm writing anyway...
6) Can I prevent Linphone from changing my volume setting at startup?
7) Is it, by the way, possible to record calls and to play soundfiles so that the person on the other end can hear them? 8) The user's manual mentions a --deamon switch (http://www.linphone.org/doc/us/manual/x26.html), but according to the manpage and my trys it doesn't exist?

Any suggestions? Especially to 1 and 2: What have I done wrong? Here are my configurations (217.10.79.9 is the IP of sipgate.de):

[sip]
username=1234567
hostname=sipgate.de
sip_port=5060