[Linphone-users] Feedback to linphone-1.0.0

From: Lasse Jansson
Subject: [Linphone-users] Feedback to linphone-1.0.0
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 00:43:58 +0100

I tried out linphone-1.0.0 today in a NAT environment.

I have configured linphone to use my NAT:s public IP (NAT_IP), and I have also
configured a different SIP port than 5060 (SIP_PORT).

The NAT is configured so that packets with NAT_IP:SIP_PORT will be forwarded
to the pc where linphone runs.

Here is some feedback:

When I register at a SIP proxy the contact information that linphone issues
says: Contact: <sip:address@hidden>

2. Placing a call
When I place a call to someone else the contact information that linphone
issues says: Contact: <sip:address@hidden:SIP_PORT>

- So this actually works fine!

3. Receiving a call
When someone else calls me, my SIP proxy looks up the location information for
me which is then Contact: <sip:address@hidden>

- This does not work, since the network setup requires that others try to
reach me at NAT_IP:SIP_PORT

Question: Would it not be logical that linphone uses NAT_IP:SIP_PORT also when
it issues REGISTER messages as it does when it issues INVITE messages?

Lasse