[Linphone-users] Re: Using a proxy

From: Simon Morlat
Subject: [Linphone-users] Re: Using a proxy
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 12:00:09 +0100

Hello,

the crash when specifying the route is abnormal and I don't have it on my
machine !
Can you please execute linphonec from gdb so that I can see the backtrace ?
As soon as the new proxy is entered, and if you answered yes to "send
register", a REGISTER request is sent to the proxy. Then the proxy should
answer a "autorization required" answer, then linphonec prompts you for the
password. If it does not I think it means that the server didn't answer or
even the REGISTER request could not be sent. linphonec -d 6 should help in
seeing what happens.
If you want linphonec to use this proxy for calls: you need
linphone-1.0.0pre9, where I added a new command: 'proxy use <proxy number>'.
Each new entered proxy will be used automatically.
I'm sorry but linphonec<1.0.0pre9 could not work properly with proxies as they
were correctly entered and registered to but could never be used for calls.
If you want all requests to go through your proxy then you need to set the
route, otherwise it just uses your identity defined for this proxy but does
not send the requests through the proxy.

Simon