[Linphone-users] Brute force workaround for PCM connection

From: Mikhail Ramendik
Subject: [Linphone-users] Brute force workaround for PCM connection
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 02:23:43 +0300

Hello,

I have made the thing work for me by brute force. I could not really
understand code structure, so I just did a text search PCMU and PCMA.

I have commented out lines 444-457 of exosip/eXosip.c , but that did not help.
So I went to mediastreamer/ , and there in msMUlawdec.c and msAlawdec.c, in
MSCodecInfo structures, replaced "PCMU" and "PCMA" with "wzwz" and "zwzw".

Some error messages are seen in the log (attached), but at least now it
connects and works with GSM. (I'd prefer ILBC, but I'd need far more
knowledge to try adding it.)

This fixes the problem for my own computer, but I would still love a proper
fix... And I don't even know where and how to look for the problem.

--
Yours, Mikhail Ramendik