Re: [Linphone-users] RTP for Linphone

From: beni mahler
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] RTP for Linphone
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 18:38:31 +0100

Hello all,

I am working on PowerPC platform and intend to use Linphone SIP UA on it. I have cross complied the libosip and linphone source code for PowerPC and able to establish the SIP dialog through a remote machine. Now I want to setup the RTP at my platform. I have to modify the oRTP in a way that it sends out the voice data not to the sound card but to the PCM codec interfaced to the serial port. I am not clear exactly which part in oRTP source code should be modified for this. Can somebody throw light on the flow and architecture of RTP and the purpose of the functions used? I will also need to write a small driver for the PCM codec. Further, is the voice data from Linphone compatible to be directly given to PCM codec? Which part of the Linphone performs the coding of voice?

check the mediastreamer dirs. there are mulawenc.c et cetera for any codec you could use in linphone. i do have to do a similar thing. i will just try to have the data not coded but written in pcm to the output in msMUlawenc.c.
i think the linphone pcm data will be soundcard pcm data...

Thanks & Regards,
Renu