Re: [Linphone-users] linphonec: making gsm the preferred codec?

From: Simon Morlat
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] linphonec: making gsm the preferred codec?
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 17:10:01 +0100

Le Lundi 7 Février 2005 12:20, Mikhail Ramendik a écrit :
> > Your config file is ok.
> > just change con_type=4 (the default value on 1.0.0preX but as you were
>
> Done this. But still, it uses g.711 instead of GSM.
>
> I really need to make it use GSM only. The remote does support GSM. How do
> I do this?
setting enabled=0 for all codec descriptions except GSM should work. But of
course the remote host must propose GSM in order for linphone to use it.
If you just set gsm as your first codec (in [audio_codec_0]) with enabled=1
will make linphone use it preferabily (if remote sip phone supports it). If
the remote sip phone does not support it, then it can fallback to other
codecs, in their order of preference.