[Linphone-users] DI-604 firewall router

From: Mr. Borje Holmberg
Subject: [Linphone-users] DI-604 firewall router
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 11:25:51 +0100

Hi!

I just installed linphone yesterday, as I read somewhere that it might
work with aMSN over sip, which microsoft eventually uses for their
Messenger.

However, I am using an external router, DI-604, with NAT firewall.

My question is:

Is it at all possible to use linphone with such a configuration?

I have forwarded UDP ports 5060 and 7080 to my internal ip address,
which I have received from the router (192.168.0.149).

I have tried all kind of configuration "mixes" in the linphone
Preferences. But I get no response when calling - no signal.

The internal siphomatic test went ok, though.

If somebody of you have a similar setup, I would be very glad to learn
how to deal with this firewall issue.

BTW, I use Gentoo stable and have linphone-0.10.2 (+alsa -doc +gnome
+gtk +gtk2 +nls +xv) and libosip-0.9.7 installed.

Regards,

linfan