Re: [Linphone-users] Sync problem with Asterisk??

From: Simon MORLAT
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Sync problem with Asterisk??
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 08:58:54 +0200

John A. Sullivan III wrote:

On Thu, 2004-09-16 at 08:18, Simon MORLAT wrote:
<snip>
I think there is a problem with speex in 0.12.2. The version embedded in linphone tarball is not compatible with the way linphone use it (hum). So may want to recompile and install the lastest version of speex, then recompile linphone so that it use the installed version instead of the embedded one.
Thanks.  I'll give it a try.
<snip>

All those messages are normal; but I can see something interesting with the RTP stats at the end:

packet_sent=10328
packet_recv=6564

Linphone has received less packets than he has sent. In a full duplex voip
session with same codecs in both direction (like it is usually the case), this
is not normal. It means that packet output rate from asterisk is too low.
Normally, asterisk should output 8000 samples/second, so 8000 bytes/second, for
example 50 packets/s with 20ms (160bytes) of audio in each packet.
This gives you some ideas to dig...
Simon
Thank you very much for pointing that out. I will start digging.  I
believe my sound card is only half duplex (Intel i810).  Would that
produce this kind of result?
If you are using the alsa driver, then i810 is full duplex. This card is a good one (I have 3 on different pcs, all work fine with linphone).
If you are using the old oss driver, there are problems.

<snip>