[Linphone-users] sound output issue

From: Richard Ougendal
Subject: [Linphone-users] sound output issue
Date: 18 May 2004 22:28:04 +0200

When using the puter as a music source, home theater system, work machine and
gaming centre I get very annoyed starting linphone. The problem is that
linphone sets the global volume for the puter and therefor sets the volume for
any other app with sound output. When having the puter hooked directly to a
power amp using the puter to set the volume its a nighmare to start linphone.
Just the same when I listen to music and the phone rings, I need to stop the
music to hear the person on the other end.  I would have no problem at all if
linphone where setting the volume for linphone and not for every app running on
the puter, but I dont think alsa supports this. If linphone where to have jack
support (http://jackit.sourceforge.net) this could be a reality. Linphone would
then have its own sound channel wich you can set the volume just for linphone
and not bother other app running with sound output.

As I'm not a programmer it would be very hard for me trying to implement this.
But I would be glad to contribute.

Please comment the above...

Richard
NORWAY