Re: [Linphone-users] Sound on ipaq

From: Jamey Hicks
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Sound on ipaq
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 10:46:32 -0400

Marcin Michalak wrote:

Hello,
I'm trying to run linphone on iPAQ 3870 but it works only one way. I get clear sound from iPAQ to the linphone on the notebook, but iPAQ doesn't play the sound properly, it's shredded and comes only in small piece. I'm running linphone 0.12.2 on familiar 0.7.2 Would be grateful for some hints... The mp3 files are played correctly, so the sound is generally working.

Are you using alsa or oss sound driver? The 3870 was the only iPAQ model on which I was able to get good audio with linphone. I was testing with linphone-0.12.1.hh7, iirc, but I did not change anything in the audio support on linphone so 0.12.2 should behave the same way in that respect.

Jamey