[Linphone-users] My compiled linphonec fails to run

From: Brian Potkin
Subject: [Linphone-users] My compiled linphonec fails to run
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 13:17:39 +0000

Wishing only to have the console version of linphone I compiled
linphonec from source using ./configure with

--enable-gnome_ui=no
--prefix=/usr/local/stow/linphone/
--enable-alsa

and then 'make' and 'make install'.  Everything appears to go smoothly
and I end up with a successful installation in /usr/local.

The files ~/.gnome2/linphone and ~/.linphonec already exist but running
linphonec gives:

bash-2.05b$ /usr/local/bin/linphonec -d 6 -c ~/.gnome2/linphone
Cannot open config file .gnome2/linphone.

I had originally installed the .deb file from the linphone site and both
linphone and linphonec run from /usr/bin with the configuration files
~/.gnome2/linphone and ~/.linphonec.  Registering with Free World Dialup
via fwdnat.pulver.com:5082 is a failure but that is another issue.

So there would seem to be some difference between my compiled version of
linphonec and the one in the .deb which makes mine unusable with the
existing configuration files.  Any suggestions as to what I have failed
to do would be very welcome.

Cheers,

Brian.