Re: [Linphone-users] problems with asterisk

From: Tom Poindexter
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] problems with asterisk
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 05:11:00 +0000

On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 05:03:36PM -0600, Jason A. Pattie wrote:

> Tom Poindexter wrote:
> | Note that the Asterisk folks have just released 0.7.0, and there are a
> number
> | of SIP related fixes.  You probably want to download and try out the newer
> | version.
>
> That's exactly what I just did (actually, upgraded to the CVS version).
> ~ For the first time in a long time, I was actually able to hear scratchy
> sounds again from linphone-gpe!  It worked the first time I ever tried
> it, about a month ago, and then didn't ever work after that.  Now that I
> upgraded Asterisk, it worked again.  Here's what happened when I
> attempted to check voicemail (ext. 8500) from linphone-gpe (hope it's
> not too much information):

Excellent.  Hehe - asterisk 0.7.1 was released just after I posted here,
although I don't think there are SIP related changes.  Probaby still worth
downloading again.

I got linphone to work one-way with asterisk, I haven't yet installed the
ALSA drivers, but audio from asterisk sounds great.  I'm also playing with
Gnophone, and have two way audio after some hacks.  There's also a couple
other IAX clients, iaxclient.sf.net and tel.sf.net.  tel (tkPhone) needed some
hacking too, and an improved client seems to be under development, see

-tp

--
Tom Poindexter
address@hidden