Re: [Linphone-users] linphone on a specific IP address

From: Jason A. Pattie
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] linphone on a specific IP address
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 10:58:31 -0600

Jason A. Pattie wrote:

Simon MORLAT wrote:

Hello,

Did you try with pre-release availlable at http://simon.morlat.free.fr/download/unstable/source ?
It probably solves your problems. If not come back here.
Simon

:( Still the same problem. I downloaded and installed the debian package for 'unstable' (dated Nov. 6, 2003). Maybe it doesn't have the fixes you think it should (i.e., it seemed to be for pre3 and the source tarball is for pre4). I will attempt to compile pre4, but I don't think I will be able to get the dependencies for the compile worked out, just like last time.

Well, I just finished compiling the pre4 source tarball. I was not able to get the graphical gnomeui dependencies installed, so I couldn't compile the graphical interface, but the console interface worked; it even chose the correct source IP address to place in the REGISTER message (now to test it with a sound device; I've been attempting to use a Plantronics DSP 400 USB headset. I tried getting it to work with gnophone, but the audio is garbled, so I'm wanting to get it to work with linphone since linphone has native support for ALSA drivers which appears to be the only way to get the Plantronics USB headset to work with Linux).

believed to be clean.