[Linphone-users] No sound after rings

From: Tiago Macambira
Subject: [Linphone-users] No sound after rings
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 19:51:52 -0300

I'm having some issues trying to make linphone work and I'd appreciate
any help you guys can give me.

I've installed version 0.12.0 in two systems:

        * a remote one, running debian (a mix of stable and testing)
        * my local box, running debian (a mix of testing and unstable)

I can make a call between any one of the machines, the rings can be
heard in both of them but after the connection is established, nothing
more can be heard. After the connection is ended, linphonec reports some
things like this:

oRTP-stats-Message:
   Global statistics :
 packet_sent=0
 sent=0 bytes
 packet_recv=0
 hw_recv=0 bytes
 recv=0 bytes
 unavaillable=984 bytes
 outoftime=0
 bad=0
 discarded=0

In the local machine I tested my build with sipomatic and, supposedly,
things are working: i could hear a voice saying.. well something ;-) I
found it odd that the voice was a little too fast, almost as a voice of
a cartoon character but since the wav files sounded the same with winamp
I assumed it was supposed to sound odd anyway.

On the remote box, as a friend of mine said, after the beeps and rings,
nothing could be heard, not even when testing with a local instance of
sipomatic. Searching the archives of this list I saw that someone
suggested using ALSA. In my case that made no difference: the same
behaviour (after rings, no sound) was observed.

I am willing to do some debugging to see what can be causing this in my
systems - all I need is that someone give some some clue to where start
looking and possibly what to look for. I'd also appreciate if there
was a way other then sipomatic to test the build - just to make sure
that the problem is in the remote box, not in my local build of
linphone.

Thanks in advance.

[]s
Tiago Alves Macambira