[Linphone-users] linphone on ARM.

From: Pannaga Bhushan
Subject: [Linphone-users] linphone on ARM.
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 17:45:13 +0530

Hi Simon,
         I too am using linphone on a ARM board. I am using arm-elf
toolchain and uClibc library.

        But I am using linphone of version 0.9.1. This is because I had
started on this porting some time back. In that version of linphone too,
I had found some amount of glib used but I then I had managed to get
around the problem by replacing all the glib stuff with something that
uClibc could compile. In fact I do have linphonec ported and running on
the ARM board.

       Recently I thought I will upgrade the version of linphone running
on the board and so I download 0.11.0.  I went about the same way with
this version also by trying to replace glib usage with libc equivalent.
But I found it very difficult because the amount of glib code in this
version of linphone has drastically increased.  I see that the best that
can be done now is get glib-2.2.0 to compile with arm-elf toolchain.

I tried following the steps that you have written down in README.arm but
I think those steps are tightly coupled to be used with arm-linux
toolchain only.

Firstly, can I use glib-2.2.0 library on a MMUless processor ? If yes,

    Can you pls go through the steps that you took to compile glib-2.2.0
with arm-linux toolchain so that I can try do the same with arm-elf
toolchain.

I have been successful in compiling libosip-0.9.7 with arm-elf toolchain
and uClibc library.

I hope to get linphonec with arm-elf toolchain compiled glib and
libosip-0.9.7 libs and run it on my board.

Thanks in advance,
Pannaga Bhushan