[Linphone-users]Liphone - SER set-up over IPv6

From: Vangelis Bouzianis
Subject: [Linphone-users]Liphone - SER set-up over IPv6
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 20:15:05 +0200

Hallo

I am a Linphone newbie, trying to make up a test-bed IPv6 network with VoIP functionality. My current set-up is 3 Linux boxes (Red Hat 9.0) with dual stacks (IPv4 addresses from our intranet's DHCP and IPv6 ones manually allocated within the test range 3ffe:aaaa:bbbb:cccc::1/2/3). The machine ending in ....::1 runs an IPv6 enabled SER proxy server, and each of the machines runs Linphone 0.11.0.

Though when I run Linphone on my SER server machine the configuration panel comes up with full information about my network connectivity (whereby I can choose my IPv6 address to use), when I run Linphone on the other two machines only the IPv4 addresses come up in the list. I've tried repeatedly to find out what are the differences between the machines' set-up but up to now everything seems identical.

Hence I was wondering what Linphone actually uses to detect the network addresses of the machine that it provides as choices in the configuration panel. Does it look them up in /etc/hosts? Does it probe for active interfaces? Is there some line in the .gnome2/linphone file that can force Linphone to only use IPv6?

The funny thing is that as it is now, my Linphone clients register successfully with the SER server using IPv6 packets to communicate to it (I enter the SER server's IPv6 address with [..] in the configuration panel and then I check the registration messages also with #tcpdump ip6) but they register their contact address in IPv4!

Any help appreciated, thanks

Vangelis