Re: [Linphone-users] Re: linphone 0.11.0 compilation failure on RedHat-9

From: Fran Boon
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Re: linphone 0.11.0 compilation failure on RedHat-9 (Fran Boon)
Date: 26 May 2003 19:42:10 +0100

On Mon, 2003-05-26 at 13:53, Ted Kaczmarek wrote:
> address@hidden include]# ls -la libintl.h
> -rw-r--r--    1 root     root         4580 Apr  7 18:09 libintl.h
> address@hidden include]# md5sum libintl.h
> 0d05b5b28ee5f01f9e9f4c1773e9c4ad  libintl.h

Snap

> This is from the box I built the rpm on. Try taking the source rpm
> and rebuilding it. Also I have installed everything when doing RHL9
> install, learned a long time ago drive space is cheaper than tracking
> down dev packages :-).

But there's a also a maxim that minimalism increases security - less
important for a desktop, than for a firewall, sure, but on my home
system both are combined into 1 ;)

> If I had to guess (I am not a developer), I would say you are missing a
> dev package or a file is corrupt/missing from an installed dev package.

& it's just not trapped somewhere earlier?
I guess this is highly possible...

Poring through the output of ./configure I can see 2 RPMs that it might
be useful to install:
checking for msgfmt... no
=> gettext (requiring libgcj)
checking for gtkdoc-mkdb... false
=> gtk-doc (requiring docbook-utils & hence docbook-style-dsssl &
perl-SGMLSpm)

Compile now completes fine :)

Thanks for the encouragement...

> If you want the source rpm I can email it to you.

Please do - nicer to have software manageable by RPM :)
The .spec file should be sufficient & that should be small enough to
post to the list as well?

Thanks a lot,
Fran.