Re: [Linphone-users]No sound

From: Simon Morlat
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users]No sound
Date: 05 Feb 2003 21:38:58 +0100

Le mar 04/02/2003 à 23:06, Fabrice DELENTE a écrit :
> Hello all.
>
> After managing to compile linphonec my friend and I tried to talk through
> it.
>
> We had both tested linphonec with sipomatic and it worked.
>
> We called each other just fine (i.e. one got a ring and the other 'a'nswered
> the call, and we were 'Connected.') but couldn't hear a thing. We were both
> using 'interface=eth0' (we both have ADSL connections).
I'm surprised that your adsl connection is eth0, but why not. For me, it
is ppp0 (usb modem).
the syntax is if_name=eth0, in section [net]

> - What should we put in ~/.linphonec in 'username'? The name of our user
> account on our machine?
Or your name.

> - What should we put in 'hostname'? Our IP? A bogus name?
The name of your machine, even if it is not publicly known by dns.

> - It seems 'dev_id' doesn't work: I have 2 soundcards in my machine, and
> tried 'dev_id=0' and 'dev_id=1' but with sipomatic the sound always got out
> on the same card.
I will verify this as soon as possible.
Thank you for reporting it.

> See you.
If you need more assistance, then run linphonec -d 6 and send me all
that it writes to the terminal, for both linphonec's.

Simon Morlat <address@hidden>