RE: [Linphone-users]Bugs in Linphone (Route Header+shutdown hangs)

From: Simon Morlat
Subject: RE: [Linphone-users]Bugs in Linphone (Route Header+shutdown hangs)
Date: 05 Feb 2003 20:55:59 +0100

> I also don't understand the various proxy settings in linphone:
> What is the difference between the "outbound proxy", "redirect proxy"
> and "proxy server" setting in detail (linphone 0.9.1)?
> And what are the changes in linphone 0.10.0 where there is only the "Use
> this registrar as outbound proxy" option.
In linphone-0.9.x and before there was all those options because of the
existence of the "action" parameter in the first RFC of SIP:
Contact: <sip:address@hidden> action=redirect;
There was several possibilities:
redirect server: send a register with action=redirect
proxy server: send a register with action=proxy
outbound proxy server: send a register with action=proxy and send all
requests to the proxy.
Then those "action" parameter became obsolete with new drafts and
lastest RFC, but it took some time for me to remove them...
So now, 'use as outbound proxy' means that all requests will be sent to
the proxy.

> Furthermore, a scenario where the registrar server is not the same as
> the outbound proxy can' be solved. Wouldn't it be better to allow to
> different servers?
Huge work. This is quite complex to present this feature to the gui.I
will think about it.

Simon