[Linphone-users]Speech path could not be through...

From: Kanika Garg
Subject: [Linphone-users]Speech path could not be through...
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 21:52:37 -0800 (PST)

Hi all,

I am facing some problem while putting a call through
using two instances of Linphone running on 2 different
PCs on LAN.

The parameters that have been set are -

PC 1
----

RTP port - 7000
SIP port - 5060
URL - sip:address@hidden

PC 2
----

RTP port - 7000
SIP port - 5060
URL - sip:address@hidden

The interface used was eth0.  I selected speex codec
and audio input was mic. And I did not select the
checkbox to kill sound deamons, as specified in the
Linphone's user manual. When I initiate a call from PC
1, it shows in the status bar,

Contacting <sip:address@hidden:5060>

and on the other PC, it shows that -
sip:address@hidden:5060 is calling you.....

and I am able to hear the ring tone. But when the
incoming call is answered on PC 2, speech path is not
put through. I can only hear some sound, some noise
and not what is being said on the mic, on the other
hand.  Can anyone help me out in this regard... If
required, I can attach the output/trace.

Thanking you,

Regards,
Kanika Garg
HFCL, R&D Division,