[Linphone-users]Re: Mute facility in linphone

From: Simon Morlat
Subject: [Linphone-users]Re: Mute facility in linphone
Date: 10 Jan 2003 22:05:09 +0100

Hi,

Calling audio_stream_stop() does not work because it destroys the rtp
sessions associated to stream, and the same rtp session should be used
within the call. Recreating a new rtp session after means new rtp
timestamp and sequence number, and the receiver is not aware of that.
What you should do instead is to control directly the mediastreamer
modules responsible of sound i/o.
The one to get audio from the card is called MSOssRead (msossread.c) and
the one to send audio to the card is MSOssWrite (mssosswrite.c). Each
one of those modules have a _stop() and _start() method that can be
called to do that.
If you need more information and want to do a complete official patch,
please contact me and use the cvs code on
http://savanah.gnu.org/projects/linphone
Simon

--
Simon Morlat <address@hidden>