Re: [Linphone-users]srv dns records?

From: Jamey Hicks
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users]srv dns records?
Date: 05 Dec 2002 21:18:03 -0500

On Thu, 2002-12-05 at 19:39, Aymeric Moizard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My own opinion is that this is a job for server! That's
> why I put it in partysip rather than linphone :)

You think that the SIP UA should always require a SIP proxy/registrar?
I'm not convinced.  I think a UA such as linphone should be able to
operate standalone.  Besides, it would be nice for linphone to find its
local registrar by using something like the SRV mechanism.

> I grant you access to the related methods in partysip and you can
> copy/paste them to linphone. (see the ppl/unix/ppldns.c file.

copy/paste works, but maybe it would be nicer to have a library that
handles the transport/resolving details (libppl?)

Jamey