[Linphone-users] typical delay (latency) time ?

From: Marc-Olivier BERNARD
Subject: [Linphone-users] typical delay (latency) time ?
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2002 19:02:58 +0200

Hi there,

I encounter important delay by using VoIP/liphone, about 1s and don't
understand why.

I'm using linphone between 2 computer (see below for system infos) both
connected to internet with (A)DSL, with

* ping average time is 120 ms.
* sound traitement at both ends are quite quick (I did not try with an ALSA
driver)
* both machines are directly connected to internet
* no delay due to firewall (i tried without firewall)
* codecs G711
* jitter compensation of 60 ms
* no proxy

and the delay is around 1s. I don't understand the origin of such a delay ?

What kind of delay do you have ? and do you have any idea how to get it better
(install ALSA driver for ex.) ?

system infos :
linphone-0.8.0-1
redhat 7.3