[Linphone-users] general questions

From: Stephane Rossi
Subject: [Linphone-users] general questions
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 10:51:38 -0500

Hi everybody,

Im a newbie in the world of VoIP and i have some questions very general, maybe
you could help for some or give me addresses for tutorials :

Question 1 :
I want to be sure that I understand well :

Voice   -->   Conversion-Analogical-Digital  -->  Compression (GSM ... see 2nd
question)  --> RTP (encap.)  --> UDP  --> IP

And the SIP protocol take care of all the sessions controls etc ...
But actually i don't really where to put this SIP.

Question 2 :
I make some searches on the different codec as GSM etc ... I found the GSM
codec that seems to be good for my work, but I'm asking questions about how
much does it take for load CPU.
Do you know where i can find some test on this subject ?

Question 3 :
I found nothing about how to use codec, so for now i'm trying to understand the
Linphone code but do you know an address about this ?

Sorry to bother you with this knid of questions,

Thanks,

Steph