Re: [Linphone-users] linphone 0.8.0 and alsa sound!

From: Simon Morlat
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] linphone 0.8.0 and alsa sound!
Date: 16 Jul 2002 20:58:21 +0200

Hi,

Switching from linux kernel OSS drivers to ALSA drivers does not require
any change in linphone. The ALSA drivers are fully compatible with the
OSS protocol provided that you have the snd-pcm-oss and snd-mixer-oss
modules loaded (not only installed !).
The --enable-alsa is for linphone to use the sound device through the
alsa-lib-0.5 (not alsa-drivers). This option is deprecated since alsa
has deprecated its alsa-lib-0.5.
Let linphone work through the oss protocol, as default.

Simon