[Linphone-users] problem compiling linphone-0.7.2 with libosip-0.8.5

From: Alexander List
Subject: [Linphone-users] problem compiling linphone-0.7.2 with libosip-0.8.5
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 02:41:04 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

I wonder if linphone will also work with newer versions of libosip than
the ones on the linphone website.

However, I have installed libosip in /usr/local, added /usr/local/lib to
/etc/ld.so.conf, I even tried to tell configure the location
(--with-osip), but I get

---
checking version of bison... 1.28, ok
checking for catalogs to be installed...  fr it de
checking for osip/osip.h... yes
checking for cseq_init in -losipparser... no
configure: error: Can't find libosip. You MUST download and install
libosip package from linphone web site before compiling linphone
---

Platform is RH 7.2.

I found the missing symbol in the osip source code and in the binary of
the library...

Any ideas what's wrong?

Alex

--
Es ist schwieriger ein Vorurteil zu zertrümmern, als ein Atom.

        Albert Einstein