Re: [Linphone-developers] Linphone privacy

From: Peio Rigaux
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] Linphone privacy
Date: Thu, 27 May 2021 19:14:48 +0200

Hello.

If you are referring to our free SIP service (sip.linphone.org), all signaling traffic (SIP, not RTP) is passing through a server.

This allow us to manage push notifications sending, groupchat, presence information, NAT workarounds, etc.

This is possible to do peer to peer calls with the desktop version of Linphone using the local identify (username@IP).

I never tried it myself, but maybe you could add more details from someone on this list.

Regards,

Peio Rigaux
Junior DevOps Engineer
Linphone.org