Re: [Linphone-developers] Low volume

From: Macintosh Rainbow
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] Low volume
Date: Wed, 27 May 2020 17:33:12 +0530

I am not a Linphone developer nor have I ever used the android app for it and so do not poses any expertise in answering your problem. Thanks.

On Tue, May 26, 2020 at 11:59 PM Ivan Kozlov <address@hidden> wrote:
I am using linphone-sdk-android on Samsung S10 - Android 10 (API level 29). When calling, the other side hears me too quietly

To understand where the problem is, I compiled the application from the source code https://gitlab.linphone.org/BC/public/linphone-android/tree/master/app and made an audio call. On the other end they heard me very well

After that, I compiled the 'Sample application' from the source code https://gitlab.linphone.org/BC/public/linphone-android/tree/master/sample and made a call to the same number. But the other side hears me too quietly.

Although sdk must be identical for 'Sample application' and for 'Linphone-android'. I compared the differences between the applications and found that they use different versions of linphone-sdk-android.

Pointing to the "org.linphone: linphone-sdk-android: 4.4+" library in the Sample application, as well as the 29th version of the SDK for compileSdkVersion and targetSdkVersion, I made another call.
But still, the other side hears me too quietly (almost nothing).

Then I increased the volume of MicGainDb to 10 in the 'Sample application' and on the other end hears me well.

Are there any other settings affecting the volume level? Why in the 'Linphone-android' application MicGainDb is set to 0, and they can hear me well, but they don’t hear me, with the same settings in 'Sample application' unless I set MicGainDb to 10 explicitly?