[Linphone-developers] Build linphone from source in Raspberry Pi

From: Kang Prabu
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Build linphone from source in Raspberry Pi
Date: Mon, 4 May 2020 07:00:15 -0700 (MST)

Hello, I am new to using Linphone. I want to ask what might be some stupid
questions for some people. I want to ask how to build a linphone from source
code for use in a Raspberry Pi environment? Following the directions on
https://wiki.linphone.org/xwiki/wiki/public/view/Linphone/Linphone%20and%20Raspberry%20Pi/
<https://wiki.linphone.org/xwiki/wiki/public/view/Linphone/Linphone%20and%20Raspberry%20Pi/>

, I encountered an error while cloning the source code, precisely when clone
the linphone-sdk folder. The following is an error that appears

The 'linphone-sdk' submodule (git://public/linphone-sdk.git) registered for
the 'linphone-sdk' path
Cloning into '/ home/ubuntu/ Documents/linphone-desktop/linphone-sdk' ...
fatal: Unable to look up public (port 9418) (Name or service not known)
fatal: clone of 'git: //public/linphone-sdk.git' into submodule path
'/home/ubuntu/Documents/linphone-desktop / linphone-sdk' failed
Failed to clone 'linphone-sdk'. Retry scheduled
Cloning into '/home/ubuntu/Documents/linphone-desktop/linphone-sdk' ...
fatal: Unable to look up public (port 9418) (Name or service not known)
fatal: clone of 'git://public/linphone-sdk.git' into submodule path
'/home/ubuntu/Documents/linphone-desktop/linphone-sdk' failed
Failed to clone 'linphone-sdk' a second time, aborting

Can someone help me in resolving this problem? This bothered me long enough.
I really appreciate the assistance provided.
Note: The clone process also failed to build in a linux environment

Best Regards,

--
Sent from: http://nongnu.13855.n7.nabble.com/linphone-developers-f38648.html