Re: [Linphone-developers] Application crashing on incoming calls, on ios

From: Elisa Nectoux
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] Application crashing on incoming calls, on ios 13 with PushKit VoIP callback error
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2019 14:53:43 +0200

Hi Lindsey,

iOS13 will bring major evolutions for VoIP applications. Belledonne Communications is currently evaluating the technical possibilities to adapt Linphone to iOS13 by keeping a satisfactory user experience. An announcement through Belledonne Communications' newsletter will be sent to our customers in mid September to inform about the practical consequences of iOS13 to the Linphone app, and inform about our plan for new Linphone release that will be iOS 13 compliant.

iOS has evolved a lot since 10 years, with many disruptive changes. However in the past, Apple has always managed to preserve binary backward compatibility for a period of time in order to let software editors to adapt. As such, we expect that the Apple Store will continue to accept apps built with XCode 10 (targeting iOS12) for a limited period, and that such apps will continue to work normally on iOS13.

Best regards,

Sales & Marketing

+33 (0)9 52 63 65 05
address@hidden

Belledonne Communications, the company behind the Linphone project