[Linphone-developers] Oddities with USB Camera integration to Linphone A

From: Devashish Tiwari
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Oddities with USB Camera integration to Linphone Android App
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2019 07:13:10 -0000

Hello,

I have a Logitech USB camera with built-in mic support. I am trying to use the same to show preview-video window for a two way video call on BeagleBoard X15, as I have no support for the system camera on the board. I tried to
integrate the USB camera to the linphone android app (CallVideoFragment.java) and it now opens a preview window using a USB camera on the board.

However, Linphone android app is configured to use in built system camera for video calling. Therefore, this preview video is not visible to the other end. The video stream from the USB camera is visible on the board's display
but is not being sent via network to the other end. Though the application is not crashing, a black background window appears on the board.

On digging furthermore, I found that Linphone android app is not able to detect my USB camera and hence not able to capture the preview video-stream. I think I have independently integrated this USB camera to the application.
I want Linphone to take video from the USB camera and display it on the other end.

Request you to kindly acknowledge this issue and reply at your earliest convenience.

--

Thanks & Regards,

Devashish Tiwari
CDOT