[Linphone-developers] Multi-digit DTMF does not work as expected in linp

From: Guillermo Rodriguez Garcia
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Multi-digit DTMF does not work as expected in linphonec with SIP INFO
Date: Tue, 28 May 2019 11:44:55 +0200

Hi all,

I have found that trying to send a multi-digit DTMF sequence from linphonec doesn't work as expected when SIP INFO is used (use_info=1, use_rfc2833=0)

The observed behaviour is the following: Assume user enters 12345 in the linphonec command line. Digit 1 is sent immediately. Then a delay of 5 seconds (*) follows. Then the command completes and the remaining digits ("2345") are sent without any delay inbetween.

This seems to be related to the number of digits in the sequence. The pause equals N seconds where N is the number of digits.

I have been able to verify that this happens with all linphone releases using belle-sip. It did not happen in 3.6 (before belle-sip was introduced).

Also the problem affects the SIP INFO method only, not the RFC2833 method.

I believe the SIP INFO transactions are getting "stuck" somewhere and will not be processed until the linphonec command "completes".

Best,

Guillermo Rodriguez Garcia