[Linphone-developers] cannot change ~/Documents/Linphone directory

From: Robert Phair
Subject: [Linphone-developers] cannot change ~/Documents/Linphone directory
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2018 16:42:36 +0100

On my Ubuntu 18.04 system, with Linphone 4.1.1 installed through Flatpak, I am trying to change the values of Preferences > User Interface > Paths, but I can't get any of these data types to be stored outside the default of "Linphone" in my home directory.

Clicking the folder icon pops up a modal which looks like the GTK file picker except that I cannot choose any folders outside of six default locations (Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures, Videos) which also show up as "mount" locations (on my system, they are not).  This file picker cannot be used to select a folder as a file manager normally would, being much more restrictive.

For instance, if I try to set these path values to ~/tmp/Linphone, I cannot even see the "tmp" subdirectory of my home directory.  I've tried entering a pathname by hand but there's no confirmation of a successful result.  Regardless of what I do, Linphone always recreates an empty ~/Linphone/capture directory after every call in the same old place.

I've looked to how these parameters might be set outside the UI but don't see anything relevant in ~/.linphonerc ... what can I try next?  Specifically, what must I do to change these default values in my environment so it doesn't put everything in ~/Documents/Linphone ?