[Linphone-developers] How to Inject/Intercept Audio/Video data

From: Vi Chau
Subject: [Linphone-developers] How to Inject/Intercept Audio/Video data
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2018 21:14:49 -0700

Hi all,

I have been looking over liblinphone the past couple days and wanted to know if the following is possible.

Basically I want to take audio or video data from a arbitrary source and pass that to liblinphone and at the same time intercept any audio or video data received by liblinphone from the other end point. So my application would handle the retrieval of audio/video data and also handle the audio and video playback, and liblinphone would handle the transmission of the data.

From looking at audio_bypass_tester.c it looks like it is possible to do with audio data by creating a fake audio device and registering it with LinphoneCore.

I haven't seen a way to do something similar with video data and wanted to know if it is possible.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Vi