Re: [Linphone-developers] [Marketing Mail] 2-way SMS Support?[nophi]

From: David Burleigh
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] [Marketing Mail] 2-way SMS Support?[nophi]
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2018 16:41:10 -0400

On Fri, 2018-06-01 at 16:27 -0400, Ham, Ted wrote:

I do not use the Linphone desktop app at all. I only use command line Linphonecsh to dial my IVR that is connected to my Cisco 2921/router/Call Manage Express, all in same internal private subnet. I have PHP script in Linux box that takes the incoming text message and texters phone number from Twilio (2 way SMS service I pay for) via the web. PHP script then writes phone number and inbound text message to a regular text file on same linux box. When that incoming text message comes into me, that same PHP script dials Linphonecsh, which calls my IVR and IVR answers and call stays up for timed interval. When IVR starts up, IVR then parses that text file and starts full text message only conversation with original texter via http calls. I needed Linphone to just dial IVR to “start up” the IVR, no voice on that Linphone call. Linphone runs flawlessly on my SUSE Leap 15 box. I just could not get Linphone to work/install on Debain 8 Jesse or Ubuntu 18 something. It’s a fun project.