[Linphone-developers] Linphonecsh Not Sending ACK to Cisco 200 OK[nophi]

From: Ham, Ted
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Linphonecsh Not Sending ACK to Cisco 200 OK[nophi]
Date: Tue, 29 May 2018 15:55:39 +0000

Hello. Just want to say Linphonecsh is exactly what I needed, a SIP phone that
can be dialed from within a PHP script. Having a problem with it though and I
read all about my problem and none of the things to check pertain to my issue.

I loaded the Linphonecsh within the last week. This is just the command line
version I loaded, not the full GUI one. I do not know how to look up what
version of Linphonecsh I have, documentation on Linphonecsh is nowhere to
really be found except for the 5 or so simple command line commands. I do not
know if it even keeps logs or where its installed. I really wish there was more
developer documentation on the Linphoncsh app. It is on my Ubuntu 18.04 Linux
box. I only use this Linux box for Linphonecsh, brand new install, that's it.
Since it's in my lab, there is absolutely NO security or firewalls on anything.

This Linux box has only 1 NIC in it is running Linphonecsh is directly
connected to my Cisco 2921 router on a /24 subnet, running Call manager Express
(which is NOT connected to the outside world at all). It is in my lab, on the
same subnet. This is such a simple setup that you can't suggest any of the
normal things that might mess up the phone call. There are no other IP
addresses involved. There is no NAT, no firewall, no routing, no ACL's, no
nothing that would either change, manipulate, block or mess up the IP/port
connectivity between the Linphonecsh and the Cisco router.

I can dial the Linphonecsh by command line to call a Cisco phone extension on
my Call manager Express (CME). The Cisco phone rings, I answer the call and the
call only stays up for 9 seconds. SIP traces and Wireshark says the Cisco is
sending 200 ok's after the call is up but the Linphonecsh never sends any
ACK's, thus the call drops. The SIP headers have the proper IP's in place in
the TO and FROM and CONTACT headers.  I do not need any voice to work on this
Linphonecsh phone call, I am just using it to call the Cisco and I need that
call to stay active until the Linphonecsh hangs up. Since the Linphonecsh never
sands any ACK's to the Cisco, the Cisco sends a BYE to the Linphonecsh and the
Linphonecsh responds to the Cisco with an OK, so I know the Linphonecsh
communicates. The Linphonecsh will not send that ACK. Why not?

I have read all the normal things that people say to check but my setup is
perfect, stripped down and nothing, and I really mean nothing is in the way to
interfere with the Linphonecsh either properly receiving the 200 ok's or the
Linphonecsh to send the ACK. Wireshark is in the middle of the 5 foot CAT-5
that links the two so I know the 200 ok's are getting to the Linphonecsh.

Also, the Linphonecsh unregister and exit commands DO NOT work after the phone
call is through. I have to issue the command, killall -9 linphonec to manually
kill the session so as to dial another phone number. I can deal with this as I
made a script to do the killing.

Any suggestions? Linphonecsh is such a simple app I do not know why it just
doesn't function like it should.

Thank you kindly,

Ted

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email message, including any attachments, is for
privileged information and/or protected health information (PHI) subject to
protection under the law, including the Health Insurance Portability and
Accountability Act of 1996, as amended (HIPAA). If you are not the intended
recipient or the person responsible for delivering the email to the intended
recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error and that any
use, disclosure, distribution, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email
is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify
the sender immediately and destroy all copies of the original message.