[Linphone-developers] Linphone Android Crash After Permission Deny in OR

From: Mohammed Zeeshan Saiyed
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Linphone Android Crash After Permission Deny in OREO 8.0 for sure ?
Date: Thu, 10 May 2018 14:07:26 +0000

Hello Belledonne Communications,

It has been observed in Android Oreo that,
1) allow each permission when asked.
2) Now go to settings -> Apps -> Linphone & change any permission to deny.
3) As soon as you deny go to Linphone App.

Observation : First time it works completely fine.

4) Repeat step 2) & 3) again app got crash.

I'm in such a miserable situation that it don't generates any logs in the system. Because when you deny any permission from the settings, existing Activity is reCreated() & log is not getting generated or somehow not captured.

Even I tried third party libs that capture Unhanded Exceptions. This issue is not being caught at all. That stats, there is something within native libs that's not compatible with Oreo.

I'm tired scratching my head while resolving this issue.

Thanks,
Zeeshan Saiyed