[Linphone-developers] Linphone, iOS VOIP notifications and Android Broad

From: Erik Drysén
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Linphone, iOS VOIP notifications and Android Broadcast receiver
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2017 05:44:46 +0000

Hi,

I'm looking for advice and maybe even some sample code. I am trying to implement Linphone in a Xamarin.Forms application and I got it up and running and it works fine as long as the application is in the foreground or in the background. In those two conditions I am able to receive incoming calls since I call the iterate function which is keeping the connection open between the application and the server.

However in the condition when the application is closed, when it is not in the foreground or the backgroudn but completely closed, the iterate function is also closed and there is no connection to the server which means incoming calls are not being received.

How would one solve this? I'm guessing with using VOIP notifications on iOS and a broadcast receiver on Android (or maybe a service and keep the connection open on android, but this seems like a bad approach). But I'm unsure how to go about and solve this, with VOIP notifications I'm guessing the server have to send a notification via APN and then I'll wake my app and register with the server and then receive the call? And I'm guessing a similar approach would be needed for a broadcast receiver?

Any input would be much appreciated.