[Linphone-developers] LinPhone 4.x plugin - Filter linkage issue

From: Martin Kastner
Subject: [Linphone-developers] LinPhone 4.x plugin - Filter linkage issue
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2017 14:50:03 -0400

Hello -

I'm trying to integrate a plugin that analyzes the information at the output in
the video/audio decoders.
For that purpose I created a filter object the resides in the mediastream
structure - lets call it 'collector'.

The collector has multiple inputs and one output.
I am creating only a single collector that is fed by multiple decoders. The
resulting graph looks somewhat like this:

rtp --> video decoder: output (0) +--> input (0) display

                                 output (1) +--> input (0)

                                                                     + -->
collector

                                 output (1) +--> input (1)

rtp --> audio decoder output (0) +--> input (0) soundcard

(I hope the formatting prevails!)

The mediastreamer initializes successfully, creates all the linkages, but
eventually crashes at random points unrelated to the MSfilter objects above.
If I create separate collectors - one for each decoder output - the
mediastreamer works without issues.

What am I missing here?

Thanks for your insight.
Regards,